Sprinkling Baby Boy Strager #2 With Love

-







Being pregnant during a pandemic is CRAZY! My husband can’t go to doctors’ appointments with me; we can’t see our family or friends, and baby showers (and sprinkles) are going digital if you have one at all. It’s crazy to think that you can’t share your excitement with the people you love in such a special moment. (Well, you can, but it’s over Zoom.)
Sunday was a special day! Not only was it my late father’s birthday, but it was also my virtual baby sprinkle for baby Strager! My mom and Aupair Elena helped make the whole thing come together and I couldn’t be more grateful for the two of them! I still can’t believe we were able to pull off having everyone “together” from around the country. Even if there were some bumps along the way (which you can hear about on my Mommyhood2Menopause Podcast).
Thank you to everyone who helped sprinkle baby Strager number 2 with love! We love every single one of you who joined us. It means the world to us that you took time out of your day to be part of it. We got to check in with our loved ones from Utah, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, California, Virginia, Georgia, Texas and of course Florida! 
Virtual baby showers are clearly a new thing to all of us! So, it's no wonder we had a rocky start, as 50% of the people on the call were first-timers to Zoom. We tried to play audio games where you had to "Name That Baby Tune" which was hard because only half of our guests could hear the music. My recommendation to anyone trying to throw a virtual baby shower or sprinkle is to keep it simple. If you are going to play games make them visual. Maybe a game of "Is It Mom or Dad?" Where you can show cute baby photos of the parents to be and have your participants guess which parent it is. 
Thank you to my mom for setting up and throwing me a sprinkle when we didn’t think it was going to be possible at all during this crazy time! I love you! Thank you Elena for intercepting packages and for helping my mom gift wrap until the wee hours of the morning.
Thank you to Alpha Lit Charlotte for a beautiful backdrop and to my husband for his constant patients and support throughout this pregnancy. This new baby boy will be so lucky to have all of you in his life! 

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *