Where The Magic Happens

-







One of the last rooms in our home to be completed was our master bedroom, and maybe what they say is true. "You save the best for last". My vision for this room was clean and calm. I wanted the colors to be neutral and the vibe to feel like a spa. I chose to work with creams, nudes, and greys to accomplish our relaxing environment.

I used a lot of our old furniture and added some new touches. I kept our Bloomingdale's side tables and dresser, along with our Restoration Hardware tufted bed and bench. I was also able to keep our older Homegoods lamps and Birch Lane wall art. 

Our additions to this room were moderate but large enough to keep this sizeable room from feeling empty. We added a 96" media cabinet from Pottery Barn, along with a 65" TV to keep our longest wall from feeling bare. We also hung a Catrina Earl's family photography gallery on either side of the TV. This is probably my favorite feature of our bedroom because the gallery goes in chronological order, starting with our wedding and ending with our last family photoshoot when we added our Aupair Elena to the mix! 

Homegoods is always great for rugs. It's the first place I go when I have a budget but I want a designer look. I was able to snag this Ralph Lauren 9' x 11' cream and grey area rug which tied our whole room together seamlessly. 

I think the biggest changes we incorporated into our room were our Pottery Barn curtains and our sitting area by the window. These were two of our larger projects because they included seamstresses and reupholstery.

When I originally priced our curtains the price tag was astronomical. However, I quickly realized that the look I was chacing was obtainable by splitting the pannels for HALF of the price. We already had blackout blinds in our room from the previous owners so the curtains were more of a cosmetic feature. We also have five windows in our room so that its self was increasing the cost. I found a great seamstress and by splitting the panels I was able to save hundreds!  

Our sitting area was the real adventure and probably the most fun to create. My mom's boyfriend was getting rid of two traditional high back chairs and an ottoman and when I heard he was just giving them away I jumped at the opportunity. Sure they didn't go with our vision in their current state but what about reupholstering them? I called around and got a few quotes before I decided to go with Midas Reupholstering in Pineville. 

Our Aupair Elena has a design degree from her time spent at University in Italy so I recruited her help for this venture. We went to Midas with our color scheme in mind and found the perfect fabrics and patterns to update our vintage furniture.  Although reupholstering is a longer project to complete (6-8 weeks) now our seating area boasts a modern classic finish that completed our master dwelling flawlessly. 


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *