Black & White Nursery Design

-


When I found out we were pregnant it didn't matter to me whether it was a boy or girl. All I knew is that I wanted a healthy baby and a black and white nursery. Not because it was gender neutral but because it was chic. 

Now, black and white nurseries are all the rage but two years ago when I decided I wanted one, they were not. 

My husband didn't see my vision. He thought our son was going to grow up to be "Beetle Juice" junior. I can't tell you how many times I heard that! 

My entire family tried to talk me out of it. Don't you want a sweet frilly pink nursery? Or a cute blue and white room full of trucks and teddy bears? "NOPE." I told them, "I have a vision in my head and I just need you to trust me." 

I have done all of the interior design in my home and my mothers beach condo in Ft Lauderdale, Florida and I know sometimes my creative little mind thinks outside of the box but I just knew this was going to be a home run. 

I added pops of gold to break up some of the patterns in the room and compliment the room's hardware. I also opted to put the crib in the center of the room for a different look and feel. Ikea storage closets added to our lack of space and they were so affordable. Although they almost caused a divorce during install. I swear sometimes you have to have a PHD to figure out those directions. 

Now, I get more compliments and questions regarding the theme than ever before. Thus, I decided to blog about it and give you all the links you need if you're expecting a little one anytime soon! 




No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *