Cashton's Spook-tacular Birthday

-








With trick or treating just days away, our family is still not sure if we will be partaking in this year's festivities. We have been extremely careful with Covid 19 since we have a new baby and we typically only do things that are outside with low numbers of people. 

Sure, Halloween is an outside holiday but the droves of people are more my problem because we live in a BIG community that is very social and active (which we LOVE on a normal basis). However, to be honest, I'm not sure my 4-year-old would even know the difference if we didn't go. 

Of course, I still wanted him to have the Halloween experience just in case we decide to forgo trick or treating this year. So, since his birthday is Oct 12, I thought, "Let's do a Halloween costume party birthday" and it was a hit among the kids and adults. 

This was probably the smallest get-together I have planned in years, so I had to tone it down from my usual over the top food spread and set up. We only invited family and close friends this year for Cashton's birthday (for obvious reasons) but that didn't make the day any less special. 





This was an EASY party to throw as my family LOVES Halloween so we pretty much had all the decorations already. I borrowed blow-up yard characters from my mom, recruited Dallas to get me a pallet for our makeshift "pumpkin patch" and put together my annual balloon arch. Our Aupair Elena helped me make this balloon arch a little more special, adding a huge balloon spider to the mix!
 
She also helped me create a food spread that would give Pinterest a run for their money! Full disclosure, I did NOT make the "pumpkin puke" from scratch like I would normally. This year I just bought a spinach dip from Costco and carved the puke face on to the pumpkin. 

Elena made our "Witches Hair" pasta out of Pasta and Provisions squid ink pasta and covered our Scare-Cuterie board with creepy skulls laced with prosciutto.  

My "cake angel" Angel, came through again with an amazing two-tiered cake which we designed together. Her cakes are the MOST delicious and she delivers which is a plus, plus, plus on party day. It's just one more thing I can cross off my to-do list. 






Now, no Halloween party is complete without costumes, and since Cashton's new obsession is Toy Story we decided to dress as the cast for the celebration. Cash of course was Woody, Dallas was Buz Lightyear, Elena and her friend Ally was Slinky Dog. My Brother Vinny was Rex, Oma and Opa were Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head and I was Little Bo Peep with Jaxson as my little lamb. 

Everyone got into the theme! We had Mini Mouse, Top Gun, Super Heros, and more! 

Although 2020 has been a crazy year and kids have missed out on so much social interaction and development, I hope Cash will look back on his 4th birthday and only remember the fun and love he was surrounded by on this day. 

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *